Database Administrator (DBA)
Location: Oldham, Manchester
Salary Details: Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
About The Role
It’s a great time to join Rewards 4 group, as the company invests in its data platform to enable greater self-service and to react faster to market opportunities as they arise.
Rewards4 are looking for a database administrator to manage the business’ SQL Server database environment hosted on Azure. Reporting into the IT Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the day to day operation, performance and integrity of our SQL Server databases as well as providing database support to other staff members.
The company is currently implementing a data warehouse so experience in this area is essential.
What you’ll be doing
Duties and key responsibilities:
• Maintaining and developing the company’s SQL Server databases including a data warehouse
• Maintaining and testing our database backup processes
• Monitoring database performance and tuning where necessary
• Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Communicating effectively with other staff members and hosting / service providers
• Ensuring that the databases are secure and maintaining a high level of security
• Setting and maintaining database permissions and access levels
• Ownership and control of the ETL processes, including maintenance of new business data streams as they arise
• To have a firm understanding of business strategy
• To help to ensure that the information strategy aligns with the business strategy and adds value by providing clarity and focus
• To support analysts to provide data driven initiatives to drive value to support the marketing, commercial and finance functions
• To support analysts with technical knowledge through monitoring database performance and providing relevant advice to improve performance
• To coach and develop understanding and help develop greater self-service in the specified departments
• To present findings to stakeholders and external partners
• Lead and act as a mentor on SQL training for the wider business. Ensuring that internal stakeholders are empowered to extract and get the best out of our Data Warehouse.
What you’ll need
Required knowledge and skills:
• Excellent knowledge as a DBA in administration, design and implementation of backups, performance tuning, management, and provisioning of databases.
• Excellent knowledge Azure
• Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2016+
• Preferable experience with Power BI
• SQL Server Migrations
• Database replication experience
• Experience in High Availability Setup (Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Good project management skills, able to own and manage analytics tasks end-to-end
• Evidence of ongoing continued professional development
• Demonstrable competencies or certifications in relevant software